Master of Business Administration MBA - Marketing: Course, Admission, Syllabus, Distance, Colleges, Fees, Salary
Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Marketing) - Latest Notifications
- 21 January, 2023 : Jammu University MBA (IB) Admission 2023-25 Open; Apply till January 31
- 21 January, 2023 : JNU MBA Admission 2023 Open: Last Date to Apply is March 15
- 21 January, 2023 : NMIMS Interview Shortlist Call Out: Check Details Here
- 21 January, 2023 : IIM CAP 2023 Registration extended till Jan 22, Apply Now
- 20 January, 2023 : IIT Guwahati MBA Admission 2023-25 Open: Apply till February 20, 2023
MBA Marketing is a popular 2 year MBA specialization for candidates interested in learning about market strategies, branding, advertising, and how to manage resources used in marketing.
Candidates aspiring to pursue MBA Marketing Admission 2022 course must have 50% marks in graduation and valid scores in CAT, ATMA, MAT or any other national level MBA exams. The admission process in top MBA marketing colleges such as IIMs and IITs start after CAT results i.e. during the month of January. Some of the top MBA in Marketing colleges include Great Lakes Institute of Management, NMIMS, IIT Roorkee, etc. Indian Institute of Digital Education (IIDE) is one of the popular training institutes that offers an MBA in Marketing program.
MBA Marketing Syllabus includes topics such as Management Concepts, Cost and Management Accounting, Business Environment, Marketing Management, and alike. Students also have the option to pursue dual specialization programs such as MBA Marketing and Sales, or MBA in Finance and Marketing.
The average salary that is offered to MBA marketing graduates is INR 9,03,076, for the job roles of Marketing Manager, Marketing Executive, and alike. Students are offered placements with CTC as high as INR 27 LPA if they graduate from top MBA marketing colleges such as IIM Ahmedabad.
What is MBA Marketing?
MBA Marketing provides students with the knowledge and technique of creating a narrative around any particular product and service with the help of analytics, storytelling, communications, customer behaviour and management skills. MBA Marketing has found new life with the Growth of Digital Marketing in India.
With the change in time and with more and more digitalisation, companies have to become more efficient in reaching out global audience. Since 2015, Digital marketing has taken the front-seat compared to traditional marketing techniques. MBA Marketing refers to a Master of Business Administration with a focus on Marketing aspect.
- MBA marketing is one of the top specializations of MBA that focuses on topics such as market research, advertising, branding, and international markets.
- Apart from core MBA marketing subjects, the course also teaches you how to present your market strategies to the customers, and how to network effectively.
- The related courses along with MBA marketing include Marketing Management, Sales, Operations Management, Consumer Strategy, Digital Marketing and Social Media Marketing.
- The course will help you to gain knowledge and insights about the marketing strategies of top companies globally, which will help you to work effectively in top management companies.
- Pursuing MBA in Marketing not only confirms a high salary but also assures a higher and better growth in career.
- This program takes 2 years to be completed and it comprises of various subjects such as marketing management, finance, business studies and accounting.
|Course Name||MBA Marketing|
|MBA Marketing Syllabus||Managerial Economics, Marketing Management, Global Business Management, Statistical and Quantitative Methods, Business Laws|
|Types of MBA Marketing Programs||Full Time, Part Time, Distance, Online|
|Top MBA Marketing Institutes||Indian Institute of Digital Education (IIDE), NIIT, AIMA New Delhi|
|MBA Marketing Colleges in India||IIM Kozhikode, IIM Roorkee, IIT Madras, NMIMS, SIBM, Great Lakes Institute of Management|
|MBA Marketing Online||University of Mysore, Jain University|
|MBA Marketing Jobs||Marketing executive, Digital Marketer, Retail Marketer|
|MBA Marketing Salary (INR)||INR 5,00,000 – 7,00,000 per annum|
Why MBA Marketing?
- MBA Marketing course not only teaches the traditional marketing strategies but also the new age concepts such as Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Email Marketing, etc.
- MBA Marketing graduates can switch to Consultancy or Enterprising Management after the completion of the course.
- As per Payscale, the average salary of a Marketing manager is INR 9,03,076 which is higher compared to an HR manager (INR 7,82,489) or Operations manager would get (INR 8,32,787).
- MBA marketing is one of the popular and demanding MBA Specializations. The top recruiters for MBA marketing graduates are Sony, Spencer’s Retail India Pvt Ltd, KPMG, Ranbaxy, Tech Mahindra, etc.
- The reason why MBA marketing is so popular is that every company relies on marketing to build customer loyalty, and increase their revenue.
- Marketing sector is known to be the topmost recruiting sector in MBA Placements. As per IIM Ahmedabad Placements 2022 reports, Marketing was the second highest recruiting sector after Finance, with highest CTC of INR 27 lakhs per annum offered by HUL.
Why MBA Marketing is a Popular Career Path?
MBA Marketing is traditional yet one of the most popular career paths in terms of employment in India and abroad. It provides the students with a wide range of scope to make careers in brand management, advertising, and marketing. Students learn new and trending concepts such as Social Media, Brand Management, Digital Ads etc. Hence MBA Marketing along with its new approach helps in building a viable career equipped with modern techniques and strategies.
Types of MBA Marketing Courses
|Full-time MBA Marketing||50% marks in graduation + valid scores in national level MBA exams.||2 years|
|Part-time MBA Marketing||Graduation + Minimum 2-3 years work experience + performance in written test/interview/GD||2-3 years|
|Distance MBA Marketing||50% marks in graduation + valid CAT/MAT/GATE or University level entrance exam score (Some colleges have merit based selection process)||2 years|
|MBA Marketing Online||50% marks (45% for SC/ST) in graduation in any discipline||Minimum 2 years, Maximum 4 years from the date of registration.|
Part-Time MBA Marketing
|K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai||287,445|
|Guru Nanak Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai||--|
|PTVA's Institute of Management, Mumbai||--|
MBA Marketing Online
|University of Mysore||--|
|Jain University||INR 76,000 (total fees)|
MBA Marketing Admission Process
MBA Marketing Admission 2022 is similar to that of MBA Admission 2022. The MBA application fee ranges between INR 1500 and 2500. MBA marketing admission is based on MBA national level entrance exams, and some Universities also conduct their own state/institute level MBA exams.
MBA Marketing Eligibility
The basic eligibility criteria for procuring admissions to the MBA Marketing course have been discussed below:
- A bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized board or university. The passing percentage should be 50% or equivalent CGPA.
- There’s a 5% relaxation for all the reserved category candidates (SC/STs) i.e. the passing percentage should be 45%.
- Some colleges allow final year students to apply, provided they submit a no objection certificate from the principal.
Some colleges consider high merit scores of 60% and above such as IIMs.
|Eligibility for MBA Marketing|
|MBA Marketing Eligibility in VGSoM, Kharagpur||MBA Marketing Eligibility in DOMS, Roorkee|
|MBA Marketing Eligibility in BVDU, Pune||MBA Marketing Eligibility in NIT, Trichy|
MBA Marketing Admission 2022
|College Name||Exams Accepted||Application Status|
|Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar||XAT||Applications Open till December 10, 2022|
|VIT Business School||CAT/ NMAT/ MAT/ XAT/ GMAT/ CMAT||December 09 – January 31, 2022|
|St. Xavier’s University, Kolkata||CAT/XAT||To Be Announced|
|International Management Institute||CAT/ XAT/ GMAT||October 20 – December 16, 2022|
|IMT Ghaziabad||CAT/ XAT/ GMAT/ CMAT||November 25, 2022|
|ICFAI Hyderabad||CAT/ GMAT/ IBSAT/ NMAT||July 2022- 2nd week of December 2022|
|IIFT Delhi||IIFT/ GMAT||Closed|
|ICFAI Business School Gurgaon||CAT/ GMAT/ IBSAT/ NMAT||January 31st, 2022 (Open)|
|ICFAI University Jaipur||University Entrance Exam+PI||January 31st, 2022 (Open)|
MBA Marketing Entrance Exams
Entrance exams are conducted both at the national as well as university level for students who want to enroll in MBA Marketing courses. Tabulated below are a few of the entrance exams held for MBA Marketing students seeking admission.
|Entrance Exam||Registration Date||Exam Dates|
|ATMA||June 1, 2022 to July 17, 2022||July 24, 2022|
|CAT||August 3, 2022 – September 21, 2022||November 27, 2022|
|CMAT||February 16, 2022 to March 17, 2022||April 9, 2022 (3:00 PM to 6:00 PM)|
|GMAT||To be Announced||To be Announced|
|NMAT||August 1, 2022 – October 12, 2022||October 10, 2022 – December 19, 2022|
|SNAP||August 4, 2022 – November 24, 2022||January 10, 2023|
|XAT||August, 2022||January 1, 2023|
Related MBA Marketing Courses
The top dual specialization or related courses that you can pursue apart from a regular MBA Marketing course are MBA Marketing Management, MBA Marketing and Sales, and MBA Marketing and Finance.
MBA Marketing Management
- MBA Marketing Management is a 2 year postgraduate program suitable for candidates who want to manage the activities involved in marketing, and how to handle the resources used in marketing.
- 50% marks in graduation is the minimum requirement to get admission in MBA marketing management. Some colleges also ask for a work experience of 2-4 years.
- JBIMS Mumbai, UPES Dehradun, KJ Somaiya, MIT School of Management are some of the top colleges that offer MBA marketing management courses.
- The average course fee stands between INR 2-8 lakhs.
MBA Marketing and Sales
- MBA in Marketing and Sales is a 2 year postgraduate program for students interested in learning about the techniques of marketing and selling a product or services.
- The admission process is similar to what is followed in MBA, 50% marks in graduation and valid scores in CAT, XAT, MAT or other national level MBA exams.
- There are only a few colleges that offer MBA Marketing and Sales in India. Most of them offer specialization courses such as Chemical sales and marketing, Pharmaceutical sales and marketing and Sales and Marketing communications.
- Amity Business School, Noida, Amity University, Mumbai, ITM Gwalior (MBA Pharmaceutical Sales and Marketing), Jiwaji University, Gwalior (MBA Chemicals Sales and Marketing Management) are the colleges that are known for their MBA Marketing and Sales courses.
- The average fee is INR 50,000- INR 17 lakhs.
MBA Marketing and Finance
- MBA in Marketing and Finance is a 2-year postgraduate program for candidates interested in specializing in both Finance and Marketing fields.
- Students scoring 50-60% marks in graduation from a recognized university and having a valid score in the entrance examinations are eligible to apply.
- The average MBA marketing and finance course fee ranges between INR 12,000 to 12 lakhs for the duration of 2 years.
- Jain University, UBS Karjat, Poornima University, RIT Bangalore are the top colleges that offer MBA Marketing and Finance programs.
MBA Marketing Distance Learning
MBA Marketing distance learning is very popular among the MBA aspirants, this course focuses on sales and marketing. The distance course is a 2 year course and students must secure 50% marks to pursue MBA Marketing. See: MBA Marketing Distance
MBA Marketing Distance Admission 2022
Candidates who wish to pursue MBA Marketing in distance mode should follow the following criteria to take admissions.
- The eligibility criteria for distance admission 2022 in MBA Marketing is a graduation from a recognized university or equivalent.
- The duration for distance MBA admission is 1-2 years.
- The average course fee for distance MBA Marketing courses are INR 35,000 - 50,000
Top Distance MBA Marketing Colleges
There are several Distance MBA Marketing colleges, few of them are listed below:
|College/University Name||Average Fee (Per annum)|
|ITM Navi Mumbai - ITM Business School||INR 10.50,000|
|IPE Hyderabad||INR 8,00,000|
|Mittal School of Business||INR 5,30,000|
|CRM University Bangalore||INR 9,00,000|
|School of Distance Education - Andhra University||INR 30,000|
|Directorate of Distance Education, Tirunelveli||INR INR 29,000|
|Acharya Nagarjuna University Guntur||INR 30,000|
What are the various MBA Marketing Job Sectors?
The Graduates of this course will have comparative openings for work as MBA Graduates. The alumni are qualified to get openings for work from different spaces in the management’s studies and business organizations from different private and government organizations. Business Management and marketing are 2 conclusive factors that decide an association's business advancement scale.
The aspirants, who have done an MBA Marketing, can be a piece of direct marketing or advanced marketing. With the growing technology, the idea of marketing isn't constrained to sales anymore. It has a wide assortment of innovations.
Several top companies and recruiters offer job opportunities to MBA marketing graduates. After completing this MBA Marketing course, the graduate can expect an average salary of INR 6-7 Lakhs per annum.
There are various job sectors in which you can apply for. A few of those employment areas are listed below:
|FMCG Companies||Tourism Companies|
|Consultancy Companies||Retail Companies|
What are the Top Recruiters of MBA Marketing?
Not simply numerous occupation choices, MBA in Marketing can get you to probably the best associations to work with over the globe. Here is the rundown of Top MBA-enlisting organizations on business college grounds:
|Procter and Gamble||Morgan Stanley|
|Coca Cola||JP Morgan|
|Nike||Hindustan Unilever Limited|
What are the MBA Marketing Jobs in India?
There is hardly any limitation of job roles available for MBA Marketing aspirants. The raise or the increment depends upon the skills and experience of an individual.
|Job Profiles||Job description||Lowest Salary Offered||Average Salary Offered||Highest Salary Offered|
|Business Development Executive||A business development executive is responsible for finding new business leads and growing the business. The business development executive’s role is to attract new consumers to sell more products through the use of effective marketing practices.||INR 1.74 Lakhs per annum||INR 2.99 Lakhs per annum||INR 5.57 Lakhs per annum|
|Marketing Manager||A marketing manager is an individual inside an organization who oversees and makes the different promoting or marketing deals battles the business uses to sell itself and its items. Marketing Manager can be doled out to a solitary item, a product offering, a brand, or the whole organization.||INR 2.91 Lakhs per annum||INR 7.02 Lakhs per annum||INR 20 Lakhs per annum|
|Media Planner||A Media Planner works inside the showcasing or publicizing division of an organization. They help pitch and facilitate message conveyance through an assortment of stages to feature new contributions, updates, changes, or other significant data an association wishes to arrive at the most noteworthy number of invested individuals.||INR 2.33 Lakhs per annum||INR 3.76 Lakhs per annum||INR 8.4 Lakhs per annum|
|Sales Manager||Sales Managers may work in both retail and non-retail settings. Sales Managers are liable for the everyday administration of deals exercises and deals partners. They may have partners.||INR 2.45 Lakhs per annum||INR 4.58 Lakhs per annum||INR 10 Lakhs per annum|
|Product Manager||Product Managers are accountable for dealing with all parts of the item the board forms for their organization. They are answerable for characterizing item jobs, supporting various markets with product offerings, assessing new chances, and taking an interest in the item research process.||INR 8.84 Lakhs per annum||INR 10 Lakhs per annum||INR 15 Lakhs per annum|
|Asset Manager||Asset Managers are liable for the administration, acquirement, valuation, and demeanor of an organization's property, information, and archives. These advantages may incorporate anything from property to PCs to phones.||INR 2.59 Lakhs per annum||INR 6.83 Lakhs per annum||INR 10 Lakhs per annum|
What are the government jobs for MBA Marketing?
These days, openings for work are huge for promoting qualified experts in the government segment companies. PSUs are giving more significance to the marketing division so as to adapt up to the difficulties presented by the private segment organizations.
The pay scale may change based on expertise and experience one may procure in the showcasing field and furthermore as per the administration rules. During the training phases of the job, an aspirant can expect an annual compensation of around INR 2.5 Lakhs per annum. The applicants in the wake of picking up involvement with this field can go to the division level assessments for advancement and further augmentations.
If an aspirant explores, there are various job opportunities available in the government sector after completing MBA Marketing. Few of them are listed below:
- Marketing Officer in Banks
- General Manager (Marketing and Sales) in various PSUs.
- Management Trainee Positions, and other profiles
If we check the gender breakdown concerning what percentage of males and females are working in this MBA Marketing field. 85.6% of the male population is working in this marketing sector whereas 14.4% of the female population is working in this marketing sector. The working ratio of females in this sector is low because of the rumors that marketing only has jobs in sales. People usually think that it’s an unsafe job for women.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLA) ventures a strong activity development in the general marketing industry and finds that the developing field of advanced trade will eventually mean a particular appeal in the field of statistical surveying examination, as important shopper information turns out to be all the more broadly accessible to organizations to dig for bits of knowledge.
By seeing current patterns, the BLS has made the accompanying expectations in the number of employment opportunities somewhere in the range of 2016 and 2026:
- Advertising Specialists: 9% anticipated employment development (as quick as normal)
- Publicizing, Promotions, and Marketing Managers: 10% anticipated occupation development (quicker than normal)
- Statistical surveying Analysts: 23% anticipated employment development (a lot quicker than normal)
The MBA Marketing Syllabus is structured so that the Management graduate can deal with various marketing tasks at the same time. The syllabus comprises subjects like Rural Marketing, Advertising, Sales and Promotion, Marketing Research, and many other similar topics.
MBA Marketing syllabus is divided into 4 semesters in the 2 years of course study. MBA Marketing can be pursued in various top MBA Marketing colleges like Faculty Management Studies (FMS), IIT Delhi- Department of Management Studies, IIM Ahmedabad, SPJIMR, IMT Ghaziabad, and many more. The average cost to study this program ranges from INR 3-10 Lakhs per annum.
MBA Marketing Syllabus
Check out the latest MBA Marketing Syllabus breakdown tabulated below:
|First Year Syllabus|
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Management Concepts||Accounting for Managerial Decisions|
|Business Environment||Computer Application -I|
|Managerial Economics||Sales Management|
|Statistical Analysis & Operations Research||Consumer Behaviour|
|Financial and Cost Accounting||Agricultural and Rural Marketing|
|Financial Management||Marketing Research|
|Marketing Management||Advertising Management|
|Second Year Syllabus|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Corporate Strategy||International Business|
|Entrepreneurship Development||Logistics and Supply Chain Management|
|Service Marketing and CRM||Legal Aspect of Business (S)|
|Product and Brand Management||Management Information System|
In India, admission to most of the MBA courses including MBA Marketing is done through entrance exams conducted at the National, State or University level. Admission into top MBA colleges in India offering MBA Marketing is granted through entrance exams such as CAT, XAT, GMAT, GRE, etc followed by a Group discussion or Personal interview round.
MBA Marketing Admission 2022 has started in top MBA colleges like IIT Roorkee, ICFAI and Chandigarh University etc. The CAT exam has already been conducted, and qualified students can take part in the counseling process for admission. It is expected that the registration process for admission to MBA Marketing in IIT Kharagpur and Parul University will begin in January 2022.
MBA Marketing is a 2-years postgraduate course that deals with the study of business, marketing terms, and techniques. Aspirants seeking admission to MBA Marketing must have completed their graduation in any stream with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized University. Candidates will be shortlisted based on their scores in the MBA entrance exams followed by a GD/PI round. MBA marketing is one of the popular and demanding MBA Specializations.
MBA Marketing Admission 2022 Important Dates
The following table represents the admission process of some of the top MBA colleges in India offering MBA Marketing Admission process along with their application dates:
|College Name||Admission Process||Application Dates|
|IIT Kharagpur||CAT||1st week of Jan, 2022 to Jan 31, 2022|
|IIT Roorkee||CAT||04 Aug, 2021 to 28 Nov, 2021|
|Parul University||MAT/ CAT/ GCET/ CMAT/ NMAT||1st week of Jan, 2022 (start)|
|Great Lake University of Management||GMAT/CAT/XAT/CMAT||10th Aug, 2021 to 5th Dec, 2021|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management||SNAP||August 31, 2021 to November 30, 2021|
|NMIMS Mumbai||NMAT||Aug 4, 2021 to Nov 21, 2021|
|Symbiosis Centre of Management & HRD||SNAP||August 31, 2021 to November 30, 2021|
|ICFAI Foundation of Higher Education||CAT, IBSAT||Dec 16, 2021 (last)|
|TA Pai Management Institute||GMAT/CAT/XAT||15 Nov, 2021 to 11 Dec, 2021|
|Chandigarh University||CAT/ MAT / GMAT||October, 2021 to Last week of December, 2021|
MBA Marketing Admission 2022: Admission Process
Admission to MBA Marketing courses is offered based on the scores of the various entrance exams conducted at National, State or University level followed by a GD/PI round. Candidates must have qualified any entrance exam accepted by their respective desired college. After qualifying the entrance exam, candidates are required to take part in the counseling process for admission into MBA Marketing Admission 2022.
Also Check: Top MBA Colleges in Pune
MBA Marketing Admission 2022: Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for MBA admission 2022, candidates must meet the minimum eligibility requirements given below:
- Candidates must have their graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% marks or an equivalent CGPA from a recognized university.
- For admission to Top MBA Marketing colleges, aspirants must qualify any entrance exam such as CAT, XAT, MAT, GMAT, etc. and take part in the counseling process.
- In several universities, Candidates have to go through a GD/PI round to complete the MBA in Finance Admission process.
How to Apply?
The Following are the steps to be followed while applying for an MBA marketing program:
- Please fill up the complete registration form very carefully after reading it.
- To get a preference in a leading business school, please obtain a higher score in CAT/MAT/XAT or any other aptitude test.
- Please attend the institute’s written aptitude test very carefully to enter in the PI round.
- Fill in the required details for the PI round.
- After getting shortlisted, register for the final admission.
What is MBA Marketing Distance Learning?
MBA Marketing Distance Learning offers a 2-year postgraduate course in the management discipline. It is intended for individuals with restricted time and assets. Both working experts and new alumni can seek an MBA Marketing course through the correspondence method of training.
At the hour of Covid-19 pandemic, Distance MBA Marketing can satisfy the dream about doing an MBA by keeping social distancing and warding off the Corona Virus. An aspirant can pursue MBA Marketing within a maximum period of 5-years. To procure this course you need to qualify the basic eligibility criteria i.e. a minimum standardized score in Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
Some colleges and universities are offering this course from a distance education mode like Symbiosis, Sikkim Manipal University, and many more.
Do I qualify for MBA Marketing Eligibility criteria?
The qualification for Distance MBA Marketing differs according to the organization and length of the program. However, the Distance MBA Marketing Eligibility Criteria is discussed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a perceived University.
- A 45-50% score in any of the MBA selection tests like State Level MBA/MMS-CET/MAT/CMAT/CAT/ATMA/XAT or identical administration entrance test. A few of the colleges and universities also conduct their entrance exams too for offering admissions to this course.
- Work Experience is admired, however, it's not a fundamental prerequisite
What is the MBA Marketing Distance Learning Admission Process?
Candidates should follow the admission procedure:
- Submission of completed application form with every significant enclosures and application charge.
- Review of applications and shortlisting of applicants.
- Personal Interview
- Confirmation choice was taken by the selection committee
The choice to short-list candidates for PI and GD round and make a conventional proposal of admission from college/university will be taken by the selection board.
What are the top colleges of MBA Marketing Distance Learning?
There are several Distance MBA Marketing colleges, few of them are listed below:
|College/University Name||City||Average Fee (INR in Lakhs)|
|Suresh Gyan Vihar University||Rajasthan||INR 84,500|
|Annamalai University||Tamil Nadu||INR 26,850|
|Sikkim Manipal University||Sikkim||INR 85,000|
|Lovely Professional University||Jalandhar||INR 50,000|
|University of Madras||Madras||INR 36,450|
|Acharya Nagarjuna University||Guntur||INR 30,960|
|Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University||Maharashtra||INR 32,500|
|Periyar University||Tamil Nadu||INR 25,910|
MBA Marketing Fees
While settling on which Distance MBA Marketing college or university to choose, Distance MBA Marketing fee is a significant boundary. Distance MBA Marketing fee depends on the popularity of the college and the course duration.
MBA Marketing Distance Learning fee ranges from INR 50,000 to INR 1.5 Lakhs for the whole course study (vary from institute to institute).
What are the benefits of pursuing MBA Marketing from Distance Education?
There are plenty of benefits of pursuing MBA Marketing from distance education. A few of those benefits are discussed below:
- Effective Management of Time: Distance MBA Marketing offers adaptability of time and pace. It is appropriate for individuals, who because of time, cash, or different requirements can't bear to do a full-time course.
- Knowledge at your doorstep: Distance MBA Marketing learning has incredibly profited by the ascent of correspondence and training innovation. Significantly chief Universities and B-schools, use distance learning to convey programs over the world.
- Financially savvy Option: One of the greatest preferences of the Distance MBA Marketing programs is its low charge structure. While a regular MBA Marketing can cost you anyplace in the middle of INR 5-15 Lakhs.
Marketing executives are employed to manage their companies' advertising, public relations, and marketing strategy activities for maximum profitability. The executives conduct market research to evaluate any potential demand for goods and services offered by their company.
To become a Marketing Executive in India, one has to have a UG or PG degree in Marketing, Advertising, Digital marketing or any other such relevant fields. To become a Market Executive right after college is not possible since most of the companies expect the marketing executive to have experience and wisdom.
Marketing Executives are offered jobs in almost all the genres of industries like IT, Marketing Agencies, Digital Marketing, Product based companies etc. and are offered an average salary of INR 2,50,000 – 5,50,000 per annum.
The courses which a candidate aspiring to be Marketing Executive can take are BBA Marketing, MBA Marketing, BBA in Digital Marketing etc. whose average course fee ranges from INR 40,000 to INR 4 lakhs.
|Eligibility||UG or PG degree in advertising, management, communications, IT or computer science, marketing from a recognized university.|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 1,50,000- 4,50,000|
Business Firms, Banking & Financial Sector, Digital Marketing Agency, Startups, IT Industries, Social Media Marketing etc
Steps to Follow
To become a Marketing Executive, candidates need to be determined and follow some of the steps. Some of the major steps are mentioned below that will help the students to become a Marketing executive
The students who wish to become Marketing Executive should make up their mind right after 10+2. They should be very passionate about marketing and how it influences people. Candidates aiming to become a Marketing Executive must develop marketing skills at an early age. Hence the decision should come right from schooling so that once they pass 10+2, they can take up the right course after their schooling. They need to research well about the industry of Marketing and its relative fields. They should know about the pros and cons of the field that they are aiming to opt for. They need to have a plan to form their career path and become a Marketing Executive.
Candidates need to select their stream and courses at the school level. They must opt for the Commerce stream, however there is no mandatory stream to become a Marketing Executive. Candidates must have English and Computer as their optional subject at the Intermediate level. The courses like BBA and MBA can be taken up by anyone who has finished their 10+2 from either science or commerce background but mathematics as a compulsory subject. Having a basic knowledge about Computer Applications and English language will give an upper hand to become a Marketing Executive.
Entrance Exam Preparation
Most of the colleges offering BBA admit students purely based on merit. Some colleges may admit students based on entrance exams which may be national level, state level or even university level. Whereas for admission of students into PG courses like MBA requires the candidate to pass the entrance exam conducted and score good grades in it. Candidates must prepare well for the exam by going through the previous year examination papers as well as prepare for the personal interview. Most popular entrance exam held for MBA admissions is CAT which is a very difficult exam with lakhs of students attempting it every year.
The candidate should have a good knowledge of the colleges offering the course and should have a list of colleges he/she prefers over the others. A few IIMs and top B-schools also offer the course hence aiming for them should be a priority. They should research well for the colleges on the basis of a few factors like Fees, Faculty, Admission Process, Location, Placement, Facility, etc. Having a good college at the undergraduate or postgraduate level will give candidates an upper hand to become a Marketing Executive.
Types of Marketing Executives
There are various types of Marketing Executives. Some of the top marketing executive types are mentioned below:
Media Planners plan marketing of their brand in accordance to the trend of the markets and their customers. They come up with strategies for media campaigns for the benefit of the organisation. They are also known as brand planner or brand strategist who work at advertising agencies and create ad campaigns for various clients. They work with clients to help them make decisions about how a particular campaign will unfold to the general public. Their main job is to build strong relationships with clients and provide strategies with innovative ideas for their media as planners. The average salary of a Media Planner ranges from INR 4 LPA at the entry level. With experience and skills they can get upto INR 5 LPA to INR 10 LPA.
Sales executives are responsible for the overall sales of a company’s products. They plan, process and research the market time and again in order to increase sales. They are responsible for planning, implementing, managing and overseeing the company's overall marketing and sales strategy. They are involved in selling products, goods, services and commodities to the customers and clients. Their main responsibilities include grinding prospects and leads, learning details about products and services, track and monitor work and many others. The average salary for Sales Executive ranges from INR 4 LPA to INR 6 LPA depending upon their sales and target.
Media analysts carry out general quantitative and qualitative research to produce media evaluation reports. The evaluation reports are implemented to improve the effectiveness of marketing campaigns. They follow the media coverage of a specific product or service for an organisation. Their main responsibility is conducting research about product media evaluation on how often a product or service is mentioned in the media industry. They communicate with reporters and journalists about a certain product or service and garnering positive publicity of the product or service.
Advertising Copywriters are the one who produce briefs and scripts for advertising campaigns and amends advertising copy according to feedback. Copywriters are responsible for generating the slogans and audio scripts that accompany advertising visuals. They spend their days writing prose for the purpose of advertising to promote and sell goods and services. Their main responsibility includes checking linguistic content of adverts across a range of media and formats, interpreting account briefs to compose slogans, etc. They also create catchphrases, tweets, scripts for Tv and Radio ads. The average salary for an Advertising Copywriter ranges from INR 4 LPA to INR 6 LPA at an entry level.
How to Become a Marketing Executive in India?
School Level Preparation
After having passed school, the candidate needs to focus on class 12 and score the best grades possible from either commerce or science stream. Then they will have to look out for colleges offering relevant courses in advertising or marketing streams. After having chosen a college or list of colleges, they will have to consider the admission process and work on it. After joining the course, they will have to score good grades and later get recruited in a good firm or company.
Undergraduate Level Preparation
For bachelor Marketing Executive courses, the aspiring candidates must have completed Class 12 with Science or commerce stream. They can opt for Bachelors of Business Administration (BBA) or Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) courses in the relative specialisation. The courses opted at the undergraduate level lays down the foundation of the career path to become a Marketing Executive. However they must choose wisely about their course as well as the college that they are selecting.
Postgraduate Level Preparation
For the candidate to pursue a Master's course in Marketing, he/she needs to hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field most preferably in Marketing or Advertisement. Most of the students opt for MBA in Marketing or some other related course. However MBA is the mostly chosen option as it opens a plethora of options for the candidates to choose from. They need to score good marks at the Undergraduate level to get admission into top IIMs or other colleges offering MBA courses.
Courses to Become a Marketing Executive
BBA in Marketing
- BBA Marketing is a 3 year UG course that deals with the concepts of business management and acquaints the students with marketing theories and principles. \
- It aims to teach the students the basic and the most important marketing skills to promote any product or service.
- Admission to the BBA Marketing course can be done on the basis of marks scored at the Intermediate level.
- However, there are a few entrance exams held for admissions of students into BBA courses and most of them are university level.
- One common and popular university level exam held is NMAT by GMAC.
Courses > MBA Information Technology...Read More
Courses > MBA Human Resource...Read More